Saturday, June 22, 2019

SIDE CHICK


INTERVIEW WITH AUTHOR NAOMI WASHINGTON-YATES, AUTHOR OF THE BOOK
SIDE CHICK

BY: JAHZARA BRADLEY

JAHZARA BRADLEY: Tell us a little bit about who Naomi Washington- Yates is...

NAOMI WASHINGTON- YATES: I’m the daughter of the Most High. I’m a queen of a king, a mother,  grandmother, a sister, a friend to all, and  Madear’s daughter.

JAHZARA BRADLEY:  What is an interesting fact about you that you would like our readers to know?

NAOMI WASHINGTON- YATES:  I would like for readers to know that I am compassionate and full of love, always up for a good time, and I  love writing stories

JAHZARA BRADLEY:   So, we know that you like to write stories. Side Chick… how did you come up with the title?

NAOMI WASHINGTON- YATES:  I met a young lady in line at a store. She had tears in her eyes and we just began talking. It started off as small talking. A little ways into the conversation she began to tell her story of pain. Her husband had left for a young woman after 30years of marriage. That’s just one of many stories that I know of, and then there’s my own personal experience of being a Side Chick.

JAHZARA BRADLEY: Wow.  Why did you write the book Side Chick?

NAOMI WASHINGTON- YATES:  I wrote Side Chick to send a message to ALL the Side Chicks in my our words. I want to tell them how they are taking so many shorts. I want these ladies to know they are cursing their lives. I wrote Side Chick to convict, convert, empower women and help them t tap into their spiritual side.

JAHZARA BRADLEY:  That is great, Naomi. How has writing Side Chick impacted your life?

NAOMI WASHINGTON- YATES:  Oh wow, writing Side Chick has impacted my life in so many ways. I have been in awe as to the many emails, phone calls, texts messages, & other forms of communication from my readers letting me know how this book has helped them to make better choices. In a couple of conversations, some Side Chicks expressed to me that from reading my book it convicted them and they were getting out of the relationship.  Hearing stories like those, make me feel that my book is doing what it was written to do: Convict & Convert. 



JAHZARA BRADLEY:  What do you want your readers to take away from Side Chick?

NAOMI WASHINGTON- YATES:  I want everyone who reads this book to walk away knowing that they are so much better than a second place position. I want them to know that they are beautiful and shouldn’t be hidden. Also, I want them to consider that one day the Side Chick is going to be someone’s leading lady and then the Side Chick slot is going to be open. I want readers to ponder this question: do you want to experience the pain that you caused in someone’s life when you were a Side Chick?

JAHZARA BRADLEY:  That is a profound question that you leave readers with.  
What other projects are your working on?

NAOMI WASHINGTON- YATES: I’m currently working on the sequel, hopefully, it will out very soon.

JAHZARA BRADLEY:  Tell our readers how they can contact you.

NAOMI WASHINGTON- YATES: Facebook: Naomi Washington-Yates
    Instagram & Twitter: Hebrew13four 
     Email me @ : Hebrew13four@gmail.com

Jahzara Bradley is an authorpreneur as well as creativesseur. She is the author of the series My Love Won’t Last Forever, Crazy Faith, The Diva’s Dating Assessment Tool Girl, PLEASE!, Never Would Have Made It: A Testimony of What God Has Done in My Life. She is the Awesomely Amazing hostess of the radio show, Awesomely Amazing which is hosted on Josi’s Inspirational Network on Thursdays. Connect with Jahzara at https://www.facebook.com/jahzarabradley.  Visit her website to experience Tranquil Bliss https://www.tranquilbliss.net.